In today’s technological world, a website virtually represents your physical office. It creates first impressions and lets potential clients know about you and your business. Regardless of your legal website design, the site should consist of relevant information and be accurate and up to date. Only then it can attract the users and bring profit to the user.
It’s human nature to form opinions very quickly – especially when surfing the web. A lot of potential clients and customers base decisions on these critical first impressions. This is why it is so important to work with agencies that understand legal website design.
When customers needing legal assistance look at a list of local legal websites, they’ll typically visit a few sites and then decide who to contact. If your website leaves an immediately positive first impression, is well-designed and efficient, you are almost sure to win more clients than your competitor. This is where a specific focus on legal website design can make a huge difference in your business.
Importance of Legal Website Design
The internet has become the most important marketing tool in recent years. Using just a smartphone, potential clients can search across hundreds of lawyers and law firm websites. Making sure you have a modern website is an important way for your firm to connect with new clients.
We all know there are different specialization and practices areas in how the legal industry does business. Just as much importance should be given to targeting specific business development and marketing strategies. People use search engines to solve all their problems, including legal ones. These problems can be similar to practice areas in the sense that they are specific and narrow focused.
Using the right legal website design team can ensure the right people that need your services find your website first and fast.
Law firm website don’t always look the same as other types of business. Legal website design teams build every website keeping in mind a firm’s goals and it’s needs. Remember that your website is like your law firm’s office in the sense that it gives an ever-lasting impression to first time visitors.
Site design plays a major role in communicating a relevant message. A user-friendly, easy-to-use site with a unique, strong personality can immediately distinguish you from others in competition. You have less opportunity on the Internet than you do in person to make a good impression. You have a few seconds to convince a prospect to stay on your site and check out further while they are skimming through it.
Elements of A Well-Designed Website
Well-designed legal websites have the following key elements in common:
- They convey your uniqueness by focusing on your specialized areas of expertise. This can be done by choosing images that show the area you work in and your specialties. Those messages can be reinforced in headlines.
- They are simple and they answer the basic questions.
- They have personality. Personal touches are added to help create a personal identity and connection.
- They can be easily used and navigated. A user friendly interface and straight-forward language is helpful in legal website design.
- They load fast and have great speed. Otherwise, users will leave and look elsewhere.
- They are mobile-friendly. It is a requirement in today’s age as more than half of your website visitors will come from mobile.
- They are locally relevant.
- They provide flexible ways of contacting. Clickable phone numbers on mobile devices, easy forms, contact info or chat bots.
- They have a professional design that makes the firm seem competent, worthy and beneficial.
- They highlight your expertise and affiliations. Displaying and mention this will earn the trust of your clients.
A well-thought legal website design should also mention the following:
- Who you are and what are your practice areas.
- What special areas of expertise – such as French-language capabilities etc – you offer.
- Where your firm is located.
- Why the prospect should consider you.
- Answers to frequently-asked questions.
- How and when can a client contact you for any information.
Important Pages in Legal Website Design
- Attorney Profiles
May include education, background, associations and professional accolades.
- FAQ Page
Answers to common legal questions
- Practice areas Page
Consists of specialties, uniqueness in practice or recent cases. This page helps the client determine whether you meet their individual requirements or not.
- Contact Page
This is an extremely important page for people to get in touch with your firm.
A good contact page should include:
- your firm name and address
- a map of your office location
- your phone number(s)
- your email address
- a contact/message form
- Client testimonials Page
This is an effective way to build trust with new clients who visit your site.
- Blog/Recent Cases/Updates Page
An active, up to date blog/news/cases won website section is a must-have thing for every great legal website design. Publishing regular content also helps with SEO because Google prefers websites that are updated often with fresh content.
How A Legal Website Design Benefits Lawyers and Attorneys
- Display your logo and firm name. This helps to build your brand.
- Provides an outlet to share your impressive success stories and/or philosophy on law.
- Allows you to specify and advertise your firms practice areas.
- Your business can always be Googled if you have entered the basic information e.g. your website, business name, industry and location.
- You can publish and share case studies.
- Optimize your site for search engines, to help grow client base.
- You get to share testimonials from past or current clients. This is a very powerful marketing tactic in the legal world.
- You can build trust and credibility with clients.
- Attract top talent and other employees that might be interested in joining your firm
- Separate yourself from competitors
If your law firm or practice is considering a new website, be sure to select an agency that has specific experience with legal website design. A company’s website is the most effective tool when it comes to getting new clients. This is especially true for lawyers and attorneys. In competitive markets like New York City or Boston, the competition to distinguish your firm among other firms and be a leader in your practice area or area of focus.